ABOUT the tournament
The eSports Jamaica League of Legends Tournament Series is the preeminent League of Legends esports league in Jamaica. The tournament series will be comprised of 10 teams facing every other team twice over the course of a season, for a total of 18 matches each. All matches are played in a Best of 3 format, with each team playing once per day. The competition will stretch across two Series with the first one beginning in Summer and another one taking place during Winter.
- If two teams have the same record, ties will be broken by Head to Head record
- If Head to Head records are identical, winning percentage based on total games played will be used
- If still tied, a tiebreaker match will be played
Playoffs are comprised of six teams in a seeded, single elimination tournament. All matches are Best of 5 format which also features a third/fourth place match.
Teams will be awarded Championship Points (a.k.a circuit points) for the Caribbean League of Legends Championship qualification. The Championship Point system ensures that teams always play their best and allows for better alignment with other international leagues.
Here’s how a team qualifies for the Caribbean Championship:
- 1st place team of the Winter Series will automatically qualify (AQ) for the Caribbean Championship as first seed
- The team that has accrued the most championship points throughout the season will also qualify as the second seed.
- In the event that multiple teams are tied in the standings at the conclusion of the Winter Series, then the team that gained the most points in the Winter Series will be considered the holder of the tiebreaker.
- The final spot for Worlds will be determined at the Regional Qualifiers, the winners of which will be the third seeds of the region.
Points will be awarded in the following way:
|Place||Summer Series||Winter Series|